You’re getting married! Congratulations!
You said yes.
Planning a wedding can be incredibly daunting. Let Doucette’s do some of the work for you! The event specialists at Doucette’s are here to help make your day truly special with years of experience, expertise, great service, and a large inventory. Give us a call; we’ll guide you through the process from planning to tear down.
We’ve put together a great checklist to help you get started! Here’s an overview of what you might need to translate your Pinterest dream wedding board into reality.
- First thing’s first: Set a budget!
- Set a date and reserve the venue(s)
- Guest list
- Who’s going to be in your wedding party?!
- Wedding planner? Day-of coordinator?
- Music: DJ, musicians, cousin willing and able to run your itunes
- Gift registry
- Plan your honeymoon!
- Wedding dress!
- Arrange for transportation
- Save-the-date announcements
- Reserve your rental items (ideally 6 months or more in advance – particularly for summer weddings!)
- Wedding invitations
- Rehearsal dinner
- Ceremony readings and readers
- Places to stay for out-of-town guests
- Wedding rings
- Marriage license
- Makeup artist and hairstylist: trial-run and day-of appointments
- Favors and gifts for wedding party and guests if it’s in your budget
- Seating cards, programs, guest book
- Dress fitting
- Set aside tips for vendors/providers/workers
- Delegate tasks to wedding party
You’ve got a lot on your plate; let us help! For some quick visual ideas check out our Featured Wedding Items page!
(Our Pinterest page also has a bunch of budgeting tips, questions to ask a potential photographer, and some great timelines.)